Skip to main content

You Said Angkor WAT?

 

welcome back to my crazy kooky fun lyfeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! 

ive decided to bring my shenanigans to CAMBODIAAAAAAAA

honestly to be honest cambodia is such an underrated country. its been inhabited for millenia, survived the nightmare that was french indochina (god those were some rough times), AND has one of the fastest growing economies in asia! ok fine the reason why im here is because of angkor wat, but we will get to her later. 

like many places on these trips, i went the capital and largest city, phom penh. now this city has been the capital for many decades, back to when france was still in control of cambodia. due to the heavy french influence, the city was dubbed the "pearl of asia." also 14% of cambodias population lives here (thats a lot of people!). now when one visits phnom penh, one must visit the royal palace.




like LOOK AT IT. JUST LOOK AT IT. absolutely stunning. now the royal palace was finished in 1870 and has been this gorgeous the entire time. it was built to commemorate and of course house the royal family, which had just moved the capital to phnom penh. now there are actually four main areas to the royal palace, those being the khemarin palace, silver pagoda, throne hall, and inner court. during my visit i went to the silver pagoda compound because that just sounds majestic. when i went  inside i found countless silver and gold buddhas, as well as cambodias own "emerald buddha." i put that in quotes cause its not real emerald. now this stuff was just GORGEOUS, and so a few (all) of them just so happened to slip into my bag😚


once again just LOOK AT IT. truly beautiful. after my successful heist, i vistited the national museum of cambodia. now one might ask me why do you keep on visiting museums? CAUSE THEYRE FUN and also i get to learn much more about the culture. this museum houses one of the largest collections of khmer art (an empire from 832-1431). in this baby is khmer through and through. its so cool looking at all my good friends in those statues, like im so happy for them that they made it big!!! 


wow, once again just such a beautiful gorgeous building. now by this time i was getting a little sleepy so i set up a little spot near some statues of my besties and snuggled up with my spoils from earlier. i slept peacefully and soundly for 3 days, and it was glorious. i was then interupted by some tourists who started screaming for no reasonπŸ˜’πŸ˜’πŸ˜’like calm down dude im literally just an eldritch being whos also just a petite young girl. 

now my final visit was a mission. and its a big mission. i was going to marry angkor wat. good god was it the most beautiful thing ive ever laid my eyes uponπŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—



it was everything i wanted in a partner. its the largest religious structure, its 873 years old, and was built for my good personal friend vishnu but still manages to be open (it was converted into a buddhist temple)😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍i drove the 5 and a half hours to my love. i could barely wait. the love was in the air, i could taste it. i practically jumped out of the car and sprinted to the one thing on earth who could get me. my angky poo was calling to meπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•i ran and i ran and i ran and then i fell and i fell and i fell. i fell to my knees really hard and when i got up, i could hear my angky poo laughing at me😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭hearing this broke my heart, and the falling of my tears led to a really strong (i dont know the richter scale) earthquake that sent my one true love to its knees as well. so long partner, my other half, my watty womanπŸ’”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rats-1 Alberta-0

 hey guyzzzz!!!!!πŸ’“πŸ’“πŸ’“ i finally managed to get my phone back from that rabid bear lollll. so today is alllll about my trip to alberta canada!!! out of all the provinces this is definitely one of them :)))) its the fourth largest in both population and area which is lowkey pretty cool. i decided to head on over to banff national park.  its around 2 hours away from calgary, which is albertas largest city. its canadas FIRST EVER national park. i remember attending the opening back in the 80's. the 1880s silly! gosh that was so roflcopter. but isnt this park pretttyyyyy??? i was having so much fun but then my allergies started acting up:((( soo of course i had to burn all those pesky trees down merppp :p after my day long excursion to banff, i decided to sprint back to calgary. i needed a place to sleep so i snatched up a suite at the hotel le germain in downtown calgary. it was only 823 dollars total. what a steal!!  honestly the room could've been bigger hehehe😝 my next day wa

The Eradication of the Panama Canal :p

  sup yalllll!!!!✌✌ im back! anyways after my little excursion to calgary i decided to hop skip and jump on over to panama. it is the country that bridges north and south america, so i just HAD to visit. obviiiii! panama itself is pretty small, theres only one main metropolitan area. its panama city, which is also the capital and home to like almost half of the four million that makes up panamas population. kinda cringe ngl. jkkkkkkk i would never make fun of a country. at least not like that. i remember when i was invited to panama citys opening day wayyyyy back when lolz. i was sooo excited to go but then a few days before ltrly got smallpox 😠smallpox suxxxxxxxx😭😭😭 thankfully i got to go during its first few months of existing heheπŸ˜™ my first stop was casco viejo, aka the old part of the city. walking those aged streets reallllly brought me back to the good party days.  aint she prettyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! now the reason why i came to visit casco viejo was cause of the plaza bolivar.